Monday, December 14, 2020

I've Been Busy

12/14/2020

Sorry for my absence. But, I have an excuse, but then again, I always have an excuse!  For some reason, or another, I'm really struggling to find my Christmas mojo. And, if you know me, then you know this isn't like me at all. Dark, rainy weather, like we're having today, is not a good thing for my mood.

I am sending out my Christmas cards today, and again this isn't normal at all. Next job is to wrap the presents that I've bought. Okay, I love the hunt for just the right gift, for everybody. Now the packages have arrived, and all of them have to be wrapped - ugh.

If the presents are for Jeff and/or the boys, then just putting them in a box, sealed with packing tape, is just fine for them.

The "girls" gifts do have to be wrapped. And, I am so not a wrapper. Stacey, (DIL) does an amazing job wrapping. What the rest of the family gets, is the raggedy edges of my wrapping paper, combined with a whole lot of tape.

I could have Amazon gift wrap my gifts. But, all they do is put said gift into a bag. The bag, isn't up to my standards at all! Nobody ever fusses over my attempt to make a pretty present.

Because, of my inability to now write legibly, I have had to resort to the Christmas Letter. I don't think I've ever done this before. But, now it's just the way it is.

I think Christmas will be by Zoom. Not the way I want to share gifts with everybody, but then again, I know that nobody cares for this distancing thing. But, we are doing what we have to do, and hope for a different holiday season next year.

I watched this morning news, and it was boring. I appreciate the news about the vaccines, but I can only watch so many pictures of UPS drivers delivering the precious vaccine. First, I watched a nurse getting the shot, politicians standing around while the trucks are unloaded, making history.

If you are of a certain age, then it's likely, you can remember, exactly where you were at that time. Jeff and I were both in school.The same thing for 9/11, I was in the office at that time. My ride home, was ominous and very quiet. 

Now, it's the virus. I guess Jeff and I will always remember, the rules that were put in  place: masks, distancing, washing hands, etc.

This moment in time, has been seared into our memory, and we will never forget.

There is talk on the news channels, that we are supposed to get some snow this week. Scott, thinking of Jeff, brought up his snow blower to use. Scott, has a tractor that with the right equipment put on his tractor, can plow his driveway. I really appreciate him doing this, because I don't like Jeff going out to shovel.

Did I talk to much today? Sorry, if it's lengthy, but I had several days of absence to make up for.

The shots are coming, not soon enough for everyone, but they're on their way.

I wish I had a Christmas mask, but guess it doesn't matter, since I seldom leave the house!

Take care everyone.

P


 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...