Thursday, December 17, 2020

Snow - Not So Much!

 12/17/2020

Friends, I am writing to you today, as an older woman. I turned 71 today. When I met Jeff, we were both 25, young, adventurous, and very social. Unfortunately, over time let's say up until 13 years ago, I was a fun to be with a funny, kind of gal. Not so much anymore. Let's just say, that over the course of our long marriage, we've had to deal with multiple, and hard periods of time.

Scott, very nicely brought up his snow machine over the weekend. This was in anticipation of a significant snow. While, Jeff and I were stocked, food wise, and the fireplace was turned on. I even took out of the closet, our "winter things", gloves, ear muffs, winter coat, etc. Today, I'll put all of these things back into the closet. I was a girl scout, and I definitely stay organized, in certain areas.

Yesterday, I wrapped presents. To be honest, if the gift was for one for the boys, I didn't bother to wrap the box. That's what packing tape is for!! And, you know, as well as I do, that men and most older boys, don't give a hoot about "presentation". Nope, it's what's inside. And, I haven't bought the much dreaded shirt boxes. 

Last night, I held up for a box of Triscuts (or however you spell it) to Jeff. Jeff told me that wrapping a cracker box as a present was ridiculous. Then, I told him that there was a real gift inside. 

I have now finished two of my hook projects. I will really have to hurry, if I'm going to get another one done, before Christmas. And, that doesn't seem likely, although I'm starting a new kit today.

The families are getting together on the 27th for pizza and general fun. Jeff has a customer, who has demanded that he work on the 27th. I guess after Christmas, everything returns to normal, whatever that is!

Just think how much fun we'll have together next year. We'll actually be able to hug our family. Can't wait.

The minute they say that us elders are eligible for the vaccine, Jeff and I would like to be one of the first in line. And, I'm pretty sure that everybody has the same goal!

Closing for now. It's time for "wrapping", if you can call it that. And, use as much tape as humanely possible!

Here's a thought for the day: Don't count calories from December 17 through the 2nd. 

The problem is, that when you have lost a significant amount of weight, then you certainly don't want to over indulge. But, I'd certainly would like too.

P



 



1 comment:

  1. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) Thinking of you and wishing you the happiest of days...I love you!

    Marilee

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...