Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Hello Friends - Checking in

 

Subject: Checking In - Posted by JTB - helper here.

 

Hi everyone. Yes, it’s really me. I’ve missed “talking” daily, about anything and everything.

I stayed a week at Andrew’s house, and I was well cared for, as usual.  As a mother-in-law, I took on some chores, dishes, folding clothes, etc. Stuff like that.

By moving many hurdles, I am now in an apartment in an assisted living facility. I’ve only been here for 3 days, and I can already see that most residents, who are very old, seldom leave their apartments. I, however, went to the water coloring activity yesterday, and painted a, for my talent, quite nice picture. There is a woman who comes in I think twice a month, she does haircuts, toes and nails.

Stacey and Wendy worked hard to give me the most girly apartment, ever! It is pink and lavender, I even have some of my favorite pictures. While it isn’t home, and I didn’t think it would be, in the end, it’s simply just an apartment.

I have three windows in my room, but the view isn’t so great. My view is of houses’ back yards. And that would be okay, but, we’re talking about really messy yards. The kind of back yard that would not be acceptable at home.

While I was at Andrew’s house, Benjamin and I watched an episode of Hunger Games. Since I know absolutely nothing about the story line, I simply just watched. Benjamin, was trying so hard to help me understand, but that didn’t work out so well. Stacey, has bought me the first volume of Hunger Games. Pretty sure that I don’t think I’m going to enjoy the book. And, that’s okay, it will however, let me talk “intelligently” (ha) to Benjamin about the series. I’ll let you know how that goes, but probably this series won’t be my “cup of tea”!! The things that I will do for Benjamin!

Cutting this short for the day, my lunch has just arrived.

Have a great day wherever you are. I’ll talk to you again tomorrow.

 

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...