Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Last Day of March

 3/31/2021

Friends, today is the last day of March, and of course, you knew that already. Tomorrow is April Fool's Day. As an adult, playing a joke on somebody tomorrow, is no longer of interest to me.

Because, I will blog tomorrow about the history of April Fool's Day, I research what was special about March 31st.

First thing I found: In 1951the first commercially computer (UNIVAC) was sold to the U.S. Census Bureau for approximately $159,000. Tidy sum, particularly for 1951.

Today, is National Tater Day. Trust me. in my research, the word Tater was spelled this way. I, don't know about you, but I love potatoes. And, particularly french fries.

Today, is the 90th day of the year (91st in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar, and is the last day of the first quarter in a year. I know, this is pretty heavy stuff!!

The Eiffel Tower was opened to the public in 1889.

1932, the play Oklahoma made it's initial debuted 

1995, baseball players agreed to end a 232-day strike which had begun on August 12th, , 1994, after a judge granted a preliminary injunction against club owners. The strike led to the cancellation of 938 games overall, including the entire 1994 postseason and 1994 World Series. Not a very good time for baseball lovers!

And, last but not least, today is Al Gore's birthday.

I have now given you things you can talk about at your next gathering!

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...