Monday, March 1, 2021

Last Great Adventure!

 3/1/2021

Friends, yours truly has made a big decision. If you know me well, then you know that I don't make many decisions. Particularly now! With a somewhat muddled brain, it's for the best if I let somebody else make decisions for me.

But, over the weekend, I took Jeff to a assisted living community in Virginia. A fair distance from home, but closer to Stacey.

I have my own studio apartment, rent is cheaper, for one reason. They have some rooms, where you shared a bathroom. Nope, not going to happen. I did this during my last stay at Hopkins, and my bathroom mate, was a young man, who didn't understand how to use a shower curtain. Shower curtain inside please. Long story short, I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night, Nothing special about that. But, my bathroom mate, didn't put the shower curtain inside.

Then, I of course, had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and I didn't turn the light on. That was a mistake, since I didn't see the water on the floor. When I realized that there was a lot of water, I used a word, that I almost never use, but it was fitting at the timeon the floor, and I nearly slipped, I actually said to myself "what the f***. Not a word I generally use, but it was fitting at the time. Next day, I had a "chat" with this young man, about shower curtains and wet floors. He improved his habits quickly.

Jeff has rented a studio apartment, in an assisted living community. I'm not the youngest person in the community, but I'm a youngster compared to the other residents. 

There is a daily activity calendar, which is absolutely full from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. They play bingo, have cocktails, arts and crafts, and also a book club!!

Stacey, had found on line, a really pretty (at least I think so) bedroom set. It has an old time style, which I happen to love. For the price, I get the bed, dresser and a nightstand! I haven't seen it yet, but it's in Stacey's garage at the moment. I'll have to ask her today, what she thinks of the set. 

I believe Stacey is coming to the house tomorrow, and if she does, we'll be going to stores to look for small things for the apartment. One thing I really want, is some kind of a room divider. 

I am making a list, of what things I need and/or want to take with me. Because of the room's size, initially I will bring just a few things: chair, lamp, plates, and other things like that. Once we have moved the designated furniture into my apartment, then I'll know how much extra space I will have.

Obviously, I will have to leave behind some of my favorite things, until I can see how much space I will have leftover.

Please be happy for me. I've checked their monthly menus, and I must be diligent about what I eat. Not going to put on, weight, when I've worked so hard to lose 50 pounds. And, because I believe in me, I have donated 6 bags of clothing, that are, at the moment, too big for me. So you see, there is no going back!

Oh, food hint. Try the salt caramel pop tarts, you won't be sorry.  They are delicious, I promise.

Have to close now, have to get ready for a doctor's appointment.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...