Friday, February 28, 2014

Oscar Buzz

2/28/2014

For the zillions of people who are going to watch the Oscars on Sunday (most of the watchers being women), the hype has already begun.  Who's going to wear haute couture, vintage, or something from a barely known designer?

Who's going to wear a dress that will need glue or tape to keep "the girls" covered or semi-covered?  Or perhaps some tape to keep the backside from sliding down too far. And because I'm curious, some of the dresses are so tight that don't know they sit down! I love watching the Oscars particularly because I like to see what the stars have chosen to wear to the awards ceremony.  And who chooses which stars get interviewed while on the red carpet?  Maybe the only requirement for being interviewed on the red carpet is how well known they are.  Or perhaps it comes down to how beautiful or ridiculous the gown the star has chosen to wear will get them a brief interview on television.  

Is it possible for a star to avoid the red carpet and just go inside and find their seat?  Or do they actually (ya think) the spotlight?  They are stars after all and definitely know how to work the camera, it's their day job.

So on Oscar night I become a sofa critic as all the stars parade their gowns and give a mental thumbs up or down on their selection.  Sometimes I wonder how women who have lots of money, and lots of connections, wear what they do.  Occasionally, a dress is do dreadful that I think they would have been better off buying something of the rack.  Just my opinion of course.

I'm going to record the ceremony on my Tivo so that I can fast forward through commercials  I can already tell you what will be on the front page of the Style section in the newspaper on Monday - actresses, gowns and somebody who knows fashion (or at least they think so) offering up their opinion.  I'll have my own opinion but will keep them to myself.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...