Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Soap Bottles

2/4/2014

Soap bottles you ask?  Yes, those annoying plastic bottles that dispense soap for hands or dishes.  I don't know about you but the one I use for dishes, that little plastic dispensing thingy gets gunked up a lot.  Solution?  Put the dispenser to soak in hot water until you have de-gunked the little spout.  Put it back on the bottle and within a matter of days, start the process all over again!

Last week I was a woman with a mission - find a better device for soap.  Off I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and headed for the kitchen wares. The offerings of dispensers was more than I expected.  Perhaps I'm not the only woman who hates those plastic bottles.   So I pumped the top of all the containers on display and then carefully read their "instructions" and what kind of soap the dispenser was supposed to be used for.  Most of them only said hand soap and nothing about dishes.  Do I take a chance on one of these devices and return it if it doesn't work on dish soap?  Argh.  This type of purchase should be seriously easy and not require me to have to put so much thought into it.  It's not like I'm trying to create a new soap device that I can take to the Shark Tank (and be turned down by Mr. Wonderful)!

Just as I was about to give up to go home and de-gunk my dispenser (again), I spotted a dispenser on the bottom shelf which was not on display.  Eureka!  I found my dispenser.  How did I know?  Well the little metal scrubbing accessory told me that this device was clearly meant to hold dish soap.  Problem solved.  I left the store and hurried home to fill up my new toy with dish soap (making sure I saved the receipt just in case), and set about making bubbles of soap in the sink.  Did it work?  Perfectly.  I am truly a happy camper.  I will still be buying dish washing soap in plastic bottles so that I can keep my dispenser full.  Believe me, sometimes it's the little things in life that can make you the happiest!

Since I no longer have to worry about plastic soap bottles, I will turn my attention to something else.  Of course I don't know what that something else is at the moment, but not to worry, I'll come up with something!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...