Saturday, September 10, 2016

Apologies

9/10/2016

When I talked to Jeff last night, he asked where my blog was for the 9th.  I explained that yesterday I didn't have anything to blog about.  There was no cause (in my humble opinion) that needed championing.  No earth shattering news from the home front and that I simply hadn't felt bloggy (a new word).

Yesterday, I was brave and went to the salon and left the dogs alone in the house.  This was a huge gamble because I might have come home to entire rooms destroyed.  Luckily, other than bits of tree bark in the living room, they were good.  I was only gone about 30 minutes to have my face waxed.  If I didn't wax, I could be a strong contender against Jeff in beard growing.  I would have thought that after 30 plus years of waxing, they hairs on my chin would give up.  Sadly, a new crop of hair sprouts every few weeks.  

Last night before going to sleep, I put down one of those little piddle pads in the bathroom for the girls.  When I woke up this morning, clearly a fight had ensued.  It was Bella and Daisy versus the pad.  The girls won.  I have white cotton fluff everywhere in the bedroom.  Not going to bother putting down another pad tonight!  I don't need a rock to fall on my head to know that if I put down a pad tonight, I won't be getting a different outcome.

Today is mop the kitchen and dining room floors.  Thank goodness for Pergo flooring.  I can only imagine what urine would do to a real hardwood floor.  Then I might go to Petsmart to buy another round of puppy chews.  Our house looks like a pet store vomited up chewy crisp things, fluff from a stuffed toy, and half-eaten bones.  

Daisy (terrier) is a digger.  Her black nose is now constantly brown and the holes in the backyard are impressive.  She has also taken a liking to tree bark.  Me - not so much.  Several times I've caught her in the living room (off white carpet - at least it used to be) gnawing on a piece of bark.  Very messy stuff.  I know the girls need to chew, but I'd prefer it not be tree bark!

Have a wonderful Saturday.  Jeff's trip to Duluth wraps up tonight and he'll fly home tomorrow.  I know he's had a good time.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...