Friday, September 2, 2016

Feels Like Saturday

9/2/2016

While I know it's Friday, it feels more like Saturday.  Jeff is starting his 12 day vacation today and he couldn't be happier.  He leaves for Duluth on Wednesday.  I know he's looking forward to his trip and also for the ability to sleep in.  Of course, this morning the dogs were up and about a bit before we were, but that didn't matter.  We got up because they were hungry and they wanted food right now!

Yesterday, I did shampoo the dining room carpet and while it's not as clean as it would be if a professional did the job, it doesn't look too bad.  I think, or maybe I'm just imagining it, but the girls seem to be going outside more, which is a good thing.

I've got some laundry to do and puffs of stuffing from a stolen potholder to pick up.  I've got several good reads loaded on my Kindle, so as usual, am itching to get things done so that I can get back to reading.

It rained last night and I think we're supposed to have rain sometime over the weekend.  Fall must be just around the corner, because oak leaves and acorns are beginning to be scattered over the yard.  I love autumn, but absolutely hate picking up leaves.  That one oak tree has a lot of leaves.

This is our last month on the battery warehouse.  We signed a five year lease and while we did manage to sub-lease the space eventually, but we haven't used the warehouse since 2013.  We're glad that we're coming to an end of the battery business.  There is still an outstanding IRS audit for 2013 but the company who handled our payroll in 2013 is taking care of that.

The Ox will live.  The estimate isn't too bad and we only have to pay the deductible, which we should get back from the other driver's insurance company.  The truck won't be ready until the 12th, which is perfect because Jeff will be home by then.

Have a super Friday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...