Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Purging and Merging

9/6/2016

Do you have files that instead of systematically going through to dispose of old papers, you just keep adding to the file?  I know you do.  I do too.  Yesterday, because I had nothing better to do (read: nothing better than I wanted to do), I took time to go through a file labeled "CVS" for our pharmacy receipts, etc.

The file was quite large with prescriptions going back to 2012.  Clearly, I don't purge nearly often enough.  I'm happy to say that the file is now back to a more normal size and the shredder is going to fill up when I start shredding all this paper.

I know I have many files in need of review.  I have files on cars we haven't owned in years as well as expired insurance policies.  I don't know why I don't toss out the old policies when the new ones come in.  Yes I do - I can be lazy.  And, it's not like anyone's going to know if I've tidied up the files.

Jeff leaves tomorrow for Duluth, so have to get the last of his clothes washed and his suitcase out.  He's not looking forward to a commercial flight, but he will enjoy himself ones he lands in Duluth.

I will spend the remainder of this week doing as much, or as little, as I want to.  Won't be fixing dinners I can promise you that.  Two pieces of toast would be an adequate dinner for me.  

Jeff has enjoyed these last few days off.  Gets to sleep in - sort of!  The girls begin to do their I need to eat and potty dance about 7:00 in the morning.  Good news is that after breakfast and romping through the yard, they are ready for a nap.  I'll take good advantage of that to "nap" in my chair with them.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...