Sunday, June 1, 2014

"Old" Candy

6/1/2014

I think it's a good day for us to stretch our memories to the good 'ol days and talk about candy.  Who doesn't like to talk about candy?  Who doesn't like to eat candy?  For me, I would have to say that I love candy, way too much!

There are lots of new candy for us consumers to fall in love with.  For me, if it's got chocolate as one of the main ingredients - then it's good candy.  I'm not the least bit fussy.

Back in the 60's, there were candies that are hard to find and/or no longer being manufactured. See how many you remember from the list.


1960's - Charms Sour Pops, Cup-O-Gold, Bubble Gum Cigar, Necco Chocolate Wafers, Clark Bar, Sen-Sen Breath Refreshments, Slo-Poke Jr. Suckers, Marshmallow Cones (Assorted Flavors), Big Hunk, Reese's Smoothie Peanut Butter Cups, Sugar Lips Wax Chewing Gum, C. Howard Violet Mints, Nestle's Oh Henry Candy Bar, Skybar, Nik-L-Nip Wax Bottles, Boston Beans, Bottlecaps, Goobers, Pixy Stix, Razzles Candy/Gum, Zotz, Necco Assorted Wafers, Candy Buttons, Bubble Gum Cigarettes, Reeds Cinnamon Candies, Black Licorice Pipe, Chocolate Cigarettes, Gold Rocks Nugget Bubble Gum, Bun Bar, Charms Assorted Squares, Cherryheads, and Teaberry Gum.

See if any of the pictures bring back fond memories for you.  I know they did for me.

Charms Sour Balls Hard Candy Tin
Bonomo's Turkish Taffy - 1.5 oz strawberry bar
Necco Candy Wafers Mini Rolls: 150-Piece Tub
Astro Pops - 1 pieceJelly Candy
Wax Lips Candy: 24-Piece BoxCandy Cigarettes & Cigars



Candy ButtonsBubble Gum CigarsJujyfruitsWhirly Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...