Friday, May 30, 2014

Used Clothing

5/30/2014

After going through my closets, partly because I didn't have anything better to do with my time - oh and because I had a number of things that unfortunately weren't fitting so well anymore!  I'd like to tell you that they were too big, but then I'd be lying!

I listed a few clothes on Ebay and only sold one sweater.  I have decided it's just not worth the hassle to sell clothes online.  You have to take pictures - great ones, then you have to need to describe the item as well as the measurements.  Estimate the shipping cost, which I find impossible to do and then wait for the auctions to end - successfully.  Argh, just to much trouble. 

If I'm going to practically give away my clothes, I decided I would take some gently used items to a local assignment store.  I took six things down yesterday, and the owner was delighted that I had: (a) brought seasonal pieces; and, (b) everything was in excellent condition.

If the items don't sell, you can either pick them back up or let the store donate them to charity.  I'm pretty sure I'm not going to take the clothes back.  After all, I was trying to get rid of them in the first place, so bringing them back home kind of defeats the purpose of closet cleaning!\

I know that no matter how I sell my clothes, I'm not going to get what I believe each item is worth, but there is no reason to hang on to clothes that I'm no longer going to wear.  My closets are filled with things I used to wear to work, and since I'm not working, I only need to keep one or two "good" outfits.  Everything else is going.  

While I know Jeff thinks I'm nuts (my words not his), for spending so much time fussing with the reorganization of closets, but it makes me feel productive and I have come across things that I didn't even know I had!

I guess the linen closet is next.  I want/need to tidy it up.  I have no idea what my next organization task will be, but I'm pretty sure I'll come up with something.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...