Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day!

5/26/2014

Oh how we love our three day weekends.  One day is for work in the house and/or yard, which leaves you two whole days within which to do much or nothing, whatever pleases you most.

Yesterday, I went out in the early morning with my trusted garden tools and lawn bags and did more weeding.  The weeding though mentally satisfying, is super hard on the 'ol bod.  I ache in places I didn't even know I had places!  But with daily bursts of working on the weeds, the backyard is beginning to please me.  I water my new plants every day just to make sure they don't dry out in the heat.  And after I am panting from exertion, playing in the water is a lot of fun not to mention cooling. The dogs get in the act while they run around while I try to get them wet.

Late yesterday, Jeff and I took the "z" (top down of course), out to West Virginia for fresh vegetables.  We bought some amazing tomatoes and corn, neither of which is locally grown, it's too early.  When we got home, Jeff cooked some pork chops on the grill while I took care of the corn and tomatoes.  It was a light dinner, but delicious.  

Since the winter and spring tv shows are now mostly over, there was no frenzy on my part to make sure that I had all of our favorites set up to record on the Tivo.  Literally, there was nothing much for us to watch except for my favorite shows involving either pawn shops or storage wars.  These shows are never going to get an A++++ rating for the quality of their shows, but in my book they get a high rating just because they are so entertaining.

The neighbor is having a garage sale this morning, so I took down a Britax car seat that was one that our neighbor used when she was taking care of Benjamin.  It's in excellent condition, but I doubt that it will sell.  Of course, as long as I was there, I bought a very nice basket with a handle and a footstool for me to use in the living room.  

For today I'm taking a break from weeding, hoping that my body will appreciate the rest!  I am going to get a bag of frozen berries (strawberries, etc.) from the freezer and after they thaw, will mix them with cool whip and put it in the freezer for dessert tonight!  This is a really quick and tasty after dinner treat.

Enjoy your day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...