Sunday, May 18, 2014

Breakfast

5/18/2014

In my youth, which was a long time ago, my breakfast always consisted of a piece of toast.  If my parents took us out for breakfast, I had trouble ordering eggs because I didn't know the difference between a soft boiled egg from an over easy one.  The only thing I knew for sure about eggs was that I wanted the white of the egg to be cooked completely.

When I met Jeff I was still eating toast.  To be honest one of my big weaknesses is bread products - unfortunately, I like them all!

Once Jeff and I had set up housekeeping, he took over breakfast and has continued to do so through the years.  The first time that Jeff made scrambled eggs for me, he ruined me for scrambled eggs in a restaurant.  It's not particularly healthy, but he cooks his eggs in butter and adds cheese.  The result is fluffy eggs, such as I have never been able to get in a restaurant.

This morning Jeff told me that he would fix breakfast.  We had scrambled eggs, bacon and sourdough toast.  It was yummy!  Most of the time now our breakfast consists of cold cereal or bagels.  Jeff and I don't have the same sleeping schedule, because once I take my night time meds, there is a very small window before I'm asleep.  So I'm long gone before he comes to bed and I'm generally up before him.  I guess you could say we are like two ships passing in the night!

This morning we sat together at the table and enjoyed both our breakfast and conversation.  It was a beautiful way to start a day.  

Have a great Sunday. 

P




1 comment:

  1. Thanks dear.
    I still try to make your eggs the way you like 'em

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...