Monday, May 12, 2014

Post Mother's Day

5/12/2014

If you hurry you can get a great deal on Mother's Day cards at stores before they are packed up and put away for a year.  You might also be able to score a discounted price on some flowers and plants that didn't sell by yesterday.

Jeff and I woke up to a wonderful blue sky, and to a pilot that pretty much means we should be boring holes in that sky, which is exactly what we did.  We decided to fly to Tangier Island which is a small fishing village in the Chesapeake Bay reachable only by boat or plane.  The village is very small and very poor, but they do have a few shops and several restaurants that serve excellent seafood.

We indulged ourselves in crab cakes and shrimp and the meal was delicious and more than we could eat.  Mother's received free pound cake and strawberries, which we took in a "to go" box, which by the way was extremely worth the calories!  It takes a little over an hour to reach the island and at this time of the year, the inside of the plane does get a bit toasty.  There is air conditioning and it helps a bit, but the inside of the plane is all black, which really retains heat.

Once we landed in Frederick, where the plane lives, we drove out to Andrew's house to see the family.  Benjamin made me a lovely Mother's Day card and gave me a little photo album that is supposed to just have pictures of him and me inside.  So far there is only one picture inside, but I know I will have no trouble adding pictures.

When we got home, we were both pretty tired, but hung in there to watch Amazing Race and then decided to call it a night.

All in all it was a very good day and I received my much needed hugs and kisses from Benjamin.

Starting tomorrow temperatures are going to climb into the 90's.  I need to pay special attention to my new plants to make sure that they get plenty of water.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...