Saturday, September 19, 2015

Early Anniversary Gift

9/19/2015

Monday, the 21st is our 41st wedding anniversary.  That's saying a lot when you think about how many marriages crash and burn each year.  

We don't do anything over the top to celebrate, but I do feel that a steak dinner is definitely in order.  Who doesn't enjoy eating a good steak?

I have a Kindle DX which is no longer being sold by Amazon, unfortunately.  I did find on Amazon, however, that I can buy a used Kindle DX with a 9" screen.  A screen that large would definitely make reading much easier for me.  Amazon is definitely pushing other models, particularly one called Fire.  All of these other devices are designed to do more than allow you to read books.  I don't want to surf, post pictures or any other sort of thing - I only want to read books - a lot of books.

I found a used DX, which will be here next week.  Once it arrives, and I know that it works, I will have to move my books (of which there are many) from my current DX to the new DX.  After I have emptied out the old DX, then I can look into selling it.  It's in perfect condition.  I just want a bigger screen.

I have had terrible eyesight since my early 20's and my eyes are only getting worse. I find it very difficult to read books unless they have large print.  With the Kindle, I can make the font bigger, which makes reading a lot easier.  I tried talking books a few times, but the drone of the voice soon put me to sleep!

I'm more than pleased to be getting the new Kindle.  It's way more practical than diamonds and furs!  

Thanks Jeff.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...