Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Just Another Day

9/22/2015

Big news!  It rained here yesterday, which means that the lawn and plants might actually survive.  Last night Jeff and I went out for dinner, to eat steak.  

There is nothing I like better than a juicy piece of steak and last night's meal was lovely.  Since we ordered a "dinner plan", we each had a salad, the entree and dessert.  Since the plan came with dessert, both of us were able to select a dessert.  I selected a default dessert, but then also opted to order a second dessert called a Pumpkin Lava Cake.  I know we're talking about a lot of dessert, but we go out so seldom, and it was our anniversary, that I felt a splurge was in order.

Jeff also gave me chocolate truffles yesterday, which I'm going to eat occasionally as a treat.  I will also have to have them put away when Scott visits - he likes our food a great deal!

I spent a lot of time yesterday moving my Kindle books from the old Kindle to the new.  This takes time, especially if you have 484 books on your Kindle.  What can I say?  I like the option of having a variety of books to read.  Since my new Kindle can store thousands of books, I've got lots of room for more books.  I believe you can never have too many books.

Once my old Kindle has been stripped of it's books, I am planning on selling it.  There is nothing wrong with it, it's just that the new Kindle allows me to enlarge the text to the point where I can read without glasses!

I still suffer from a preference to read books than do housework, for example.  As a teenager, I was constantly in trouble when Mom would tell me to come and do something, and I'd yell back that I had to finish the chapter!  Only difference now is that I can read all day if I want, and many days that's exactly what I do.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...