Monday, September 28, 2015

Time for a Physical

9/28/2015

Today, is my annual physical.  I asked my doctor what I weighed last time I saw her, and have for the past two months been slowly working my way to at least that number.  Occasionally, the scale would dip below the number, but one meal later and the scale went the other way!  So frustrating.  At least when I weigh today, my weight will be almost the same, minus the weight of my shoes.  I'm always looking for something, anything to blame my weight on.

Sugar is my downfall.  If I had to pick between eating a regular meal, or just a dessert, I'd pick the dessert every time.  Jeff is a salt person, so we make the ideal "Jack Sprat" couple except we would substitute fat for salt and lean for dessert - or the other way around!

I haven't met too many desserts that I don't enjoy.  What I am always looking for is a really moist chocolate cake.  The stuff they sell in restaurants, just doesn't match my ideal.  When you make a chocolate cake, you can add mayonnaise to the batter which will then produce a super moist cake.  I don't make chocolate cake anymore, since Jeff doesn't much care for chocolate and the boys are long gone.  

Jeff bought me chocolate truffles for our anniversary.  I have been eating them sparingly.  Not because they're not good, because they are, but because they're so good.  

I'm hoping that my doctor today will be pleased with my ability to hold my weight steady.  It's not at a number that I like, but at least it hasn't increased.  Yeah.  I've never eaten so much fruit in my life.

After the doctor, we'll grab some dinner and then a run through Costco.  You always need something at Costco.  I'm not sure we've ever left the store with less than $100 in groceries.  They just have everything.

Wish me luck.  P

 
Flat color design vector illustration with round yellow icon for blue floor scales and gray contour sport supplements around on blue background. Long shadow design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...