Thursday, September 3, 2015

Checkbooks

9/3/2015

I remember and perhaps you do too when you carried a checkbook in your purse?  Back in the day we wrote checks out for groceries, hair cuts, prescriptions - you name it.  When was the last time you had your checkbook in your purse?

Your answer is probably the same as mine - I honestly can't remember.  But I do know that with the surge of credit card use, I use my cards for groceries, hair cuts, etc.  In fact, pretty much everything.

Payment for bills are made using the computer and the printer.  No handwritten checks anymore.  We have become such a credit card society, that if you pay in cash, the cashier looks squinty-eyed at you.  

Admittedly, if you are an Amazon shopper like I am, Amazon already knows the credit card I'm going to use.  Handy for me, but also a bit scary to know that some mainframe server at Amazon knows how I'm going to pay for my purchases.

I don't even carry much money on me.  If I'm out with Jeff, which is most of the time, he pays.  He always has, from our first date in 1974, until now.  Pretty much the only time I think about cash is when he's going to be out of town and I might want to get a hamburger or something.  I am not an independent woman - I know that will shock some of you - but for those who know me well, it will be no surprise.  

Today, I'm going shopping with Stacey and Benjamin.  Will I have my checkbook with me? Nope, but I'll be sure to bring the plastic!

P

Image result for credit card pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...