Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Slow Tuesday

9/1/2015

Although I'm looking at my calendar, I still can't believe it's September already.  If I were a child in school, this would be the week to begin protesting (at least in your mind). 

When I worked, I always dreaded the return of the school year.  Why?  Simple, because you should or had to plan your escape from the neighborhood around the schedule of buses.  Second, everybody who was on vacation, is back and traffic becomes a bear.

With school in session, I can return to shopping during the middle of the week, without running into a child intent on buying the best clothes, as well as picking out school supplies (some of which will likely never be used).  

I noticed yesterday that the stores were already stocking the shelves with Halloween candy.  I wouldn't want the temptation of having candy in the house for two months!  I love sugar - cookies, cake, ice cream, candy and pretty much anything else that is sweet.

Jeff and I will celebrate our 41st wedding anniversary this month.  When I think back to the somewhat strange way we met (my dad and his sister setting us up), I couldn't have in my wildest dreams thought about 41 years together.  When you are in your 20's, you have trouble wrapping your mind around anything so far into the future. 

While I worked for over 40 years, I find the mostly drama free zone of the house to my liking.  There are no office games - who likes who - and who doesn't.  That sort of thing.  My days are my own and I can spend them anyway I want.  

It would be very easy to be unproductive, but I try to have one chore, other than the normal stuff, that I do every day.  Lately, I've arranged the chaos that is/was the pantry.  A more organized pantry means something to me.  Jeff, not so much.

It's early yet, so I haven't decided on today's special chore.  Never fear, I'll think of something.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...