Monday, August 31, 2015

The Sky is Falling!

8/31/2015

The sky isn't really falling, just feels that way.  We have very large oak trees in the front and backyard.  Those trees are a haven for the squirrels who just happen to love acorns.  I would be happy if the squirrels just took the acorns, but apparently that's not good enough for them.  Nope, they bite off the leaves too, which makes for a very messy yard.

Fall is several weeks away, but already the driveway is dotted with acorn tops, which if you happen to step on barefooted, you'll never make that mistake again - I promise!  Some say you can tell what kind of winter we're going to have by the amount of nuts that the squirrels collect.  Unless I count acorn tops, I don't know how you'd be able to tell.

Fall will also be bringing the "raining" of the leaves!  Oak trees are beautiful all year, except for the dead of winter.  As we approach cooler weather, the trees will begin dropping leaves everywhere.  You absolutely can't get them picked up quick enough before it's time to start gathering up piles of leaves and start all over again.  This process, unfortunately, takes time and it's hard work, bending down and scooping up the leaves.  I seem to be the one bending and scooping!  Jeff gets to use that blower thing that puts the leaves in one spot.

While I look forward to cooler weather, who doesn't like to have to put on a sweater when going outside, I know that after the cooler weather, we move to cold weather.  I'm not such a fan of cold weather.  Of course, I don't work anymore, so I don't have to fret about commuting in bad weather, which is a relief.  And, I assume my fellow drivers appreciate that I'm off the road when there's snow and ice!


P



Image result for picture of oak leaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...