Monday, August 10, 2015

A Morning in my Life

8/10/2015

Now I'm not expecting any sympathy from my friends who are still working; but, my morning thus far has been spent on the phone, either on hold listening to tinny music, or a pre-recorded message that says to stay on the line.  Okay, I stay on the line, and though I would like to go get a glass of water to drink, I don't dare get off that phone.  It's hard enough to get in the queue and there is no way I'm going to the back of the line.

Today's calls were to find out about a replacement CPAP machine for Jeff.  This required checking with the provider and then the insurance company.  After waiting on hold with both companies, then I send an email to Jeff to relate my findings.  

Oh, and because the people who installed our new furnace and air conditioning unit had their installations redflagged last month, I had to call and schedule a re-inspection.  The best guess the offices would tell me that someone would be out between 7:30 and noon.  I know that tomorrow if I don't get up early, then I might still be walking around in my bathrobe when the inspector comes - and I want to avoid that.  The anger issue is that if the installation company had done an excellent job, then I wouldn't have to go through a second inspection!  It's true that the inspections don't cost me anything but time, which I have lots of, but I also like the freedom to come and go as I please.  A small perk of retirement.

Now that I've taken care of all my secretarial duties for the day, I can now move on to more exciting stuff - like cleaning the kitchen and vacuuming!  Of course, what I really want to do is get on the Kindle and read, but sometimes work just gets in the way.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...