Thursday, August 13, 2015

Plus Size Clothing on Petite Size Women

8/13/2015

I got two clothing catalogs in the mail yesterday.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love looking at catalogs, but after browsing both finally realized what the problem was.

Both catalogs show models who obviously prefer cauliflower to cookies are modeling leggings, skin tight jeans, etc. on their size 2 or maybe even a 4 model.  Pretty hard for us who have larger than model thin bodies, to even imagine what leggings would look like, oh let's say a size 20 or more.

Pretty sure that the catalogs don't want to use plus size models and I think that's a shame.  I know there are beautiful plus size women out there; and, it would be refreshing to see clothes on an actual real size plus woman.  

I understand that it's got to be easier to sell clothes to thin women, because everything looks good on them.  When you're a bigger woman, you have to take into account, how certain clothes would look on you.  For me, I wouldn't be caught dead in leggings, because I'm pretty sure that my body would look ridiculous in them.

Climbing off my soap box now.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...