Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Waiting on the Man

8/11/2015

Because the company who installed our new air conditioner and furnace didn't do everything they were supposed to, the county re-flagged the install.  The contractor has come out and fixed all the issues, but now there has to be another inspection.

I am expecting one inspector this morning and another one on Thursday.  When I asked what time I could expect the inspector today, I was told sometime between 7:30 am and whenever!  I set my alarm and got dressed so that if he did show up at 7:30, I'd be ready (more or less).

Since it's now 8:15, and the inspector is nowhere in sight, I guess he's not going to show up at 7:30.  If the window of his arrival was a tad (or a lot) more specific, then I would know whether I had time to take a shower.  Needless to say, I merely threw a dress on (think mu mu style) and guess I'll get my shower after the inspection.

If this inspection doesn't go off without a hitch, then I'm sure Jeff and I will have our heads spinning.  I know you're thinking that since I'm retired, what's the big deal about waiting for the inspector.  Some days I'm glad I'm retired, because the ease of scheduling an appointment with a doctor, etc., or even an inspector would require major planning to take time off from work.

When we were kids, my Dad smoked.  In a restaurant if he wanted the bill, he lit up a cigarette and like magic, the bill appeared.  I don't know if the bill arrived just because he was smoking, but it worked every time.  

Now it's 8:25 and I'm still waiting - sigh!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...