Wednesday, August 26, 2015

We've Got a Hangar

8/26/2015

Yesterday, Jeff received the very good news that beginning on September 1st, our plane N874T will have a hangar!  Jeff has waited six years to get a hangar, and he is very excited.  This means several things: one we'll be taking the plane off the line at the flight school (i.e., no more student pilots and/or people who rent the plane but don't take proper care).  The plane will no longer have to sit outside in the winter covered in ice and snow.  And, as an added bonus, we can/could store some things (they would have to be rather small) inside the hangar as well.  I'm thinking of possible things like the booster seat that we use when I'm going to be in the plane.

Jeff's final wish regarding the plane is coming true.  Jeff was left some money from his mother's estate, and he had always wanted to fly.  He took the lessons, lots of lessons and earned his pilot's license.  That was step 1.  Step 2 was ordering and buying a brand new plane, and that was super exciting.  I have to admit that I'm still a bit embarrassed when I tell people that we own a plane.  I know they're imagining something much bigger than the plane we have, so I have to assure them that it's not a jumbo jet!  Although, if we could afford a bigger and faster plane, I think we would do so in a heartbeat.

Step 3 will occur on the 1st of September and Jeff can hardly wait to put our baby inside protecting her from the elements of weather.  There will be no more taking the snow off the wings, or worry that there is too much snow on the wings during winter.  No more de-icing necessary.  Of course just because our plane won't be covered in winter weather, doesn't mean it will always be a good day, weather wise, to fly.

I'm so excited for Jeff.  He has accomplished everything he has set out to do. Perhaps if I ever get something I've written and earn more than a $1.50, I would definitely buy a bigger and faster plane for him/us.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...