Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Jeff's Jobs!

8/4/2015

When Jeff and I got married, a long time ago, we both had defined roles.  I was to take care of the house - the boring stuff - laundry, dishes and occasionally dusting.  I was also supposed to take on the job of keeping track of bills owing and filing the paid bills appropriately.  

Jeff's jobs, besides earning much more money than me, was to dispose of rodents (all kinds), take out the trash, yard work (now done by a company, since neither of us want to work in the yard anymore), change light bulbs and take care of all things mechanical or electric - or pretty much anything else.

Jeff has been and still is very good at his job.  I don't have to dispose of dead mice, although I can and have.  He's good at replacing burnt out bulbs and is super patient when I fail to understand how something works (even if he's explained it to me before).

Another one of Jeff's nearly constant jobs is keeping the vacuum cleaners sucking.  Maggie has hair that just wafts through the air when she walks by, so you could (but I don't), vacuum the carpet downstairs every day.  The problem with the vacuum is that eventually there is so much dog hair that the vacuum doesn't suck!  This is where my knight in shining armor comes in.  Last night, he took a long stick and pulled out enough hair from the vacuum hose, to build another dog.  And I was grateful, because now the vacuum sucks in a good way - not in a bad way!

In theory, it would probably make more sense to just vacuum Maggie!  Now how Jeff knew last night that the vacuum cleaner wasn't working again, I don't know and I don't care.  So many thanks to my slayer of dragons (anything flying or crawling around the house), my champion for helping me more times than I can count, from having a meltdown over trivial matters.  And for making sure that I have everything I need before I even know I need it!   

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...