Friday, August 14, 2015

Errand Day

8/14/2015

Benjamin is now back at home and today I have defined chores as well as chores that need to be done.  Seriously, there is a difference.  Defined chores for me today are to: go to the bank and deposit checks; go to the jeweler and have a missing diamond in a ring replaced; and, last but not least, off to the grocery store to buy some bagels for me!

The need to be done chores is to put the house back together.  Benjamin plays all over the house when he visits, and I love that he's so comfortable doing so.  I always opt to put away all the toys after he leaves - since I'm retired - what else should I do with my time?

Benjamin loves to play store.  He has an child's cash register, that has a cash drawer, a slot for swiping the plastic "credit cards" and a microphone to announce sales, etc. to the public (i.e. me).  I save empty boxes of toothpaste, fiber bars, etc., that he sells to me.  Yesterday, a bottle of imaginary milk set me back oh about $3,560,900.00!  I bartered with the grocer and he accepted ten cents, which is all this shopper had on her.

Benjamin has a very vivid imagination and he reminds me of myself as a child.  I used to cut out ladies in the Sears catalogs (remember those) and pieces of furniture and my "ladies" would have tea in their living rooms.  I kept my dolls in shoe boxes, and I made sure that I had ladies in their house coats (robes for the rest of you), as well as dressy going out clothes.

Benjamin will be home schooled this year and last weekend, Jeff and I took out a desk and bookcase for his classroom.  Stacey has already sanded down the furniture and I know that when she's finished, the furniture will look brand new!  She does amazing work.

I'm off to get dressed and start my driving around town.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...