Thursday, August 6, 2015

Varmints

8/6/2015

I've long said that I'm fine with outside varmints living - as long as they live outside.  Once you come into my house, then you're fair game.  Last night while watching television, there were two flies landing on the screen.  I guess they were going to the "light".  Don't really want to kill them on the screen, because then I'd have something else to clean.

However, this morning waiting for my coffee and bagel to be ready, two flies announced their presence in the kitchen - and all bets were off.  I grabbed the flyswatter and began to to duke it out with the first fly.  He landed in the sink, but was only wounded - but by the time I got through with him, he was mortally wounded.  

The other fly was perched on a plastic jar - I aimed and hit him and what luck he landed in the jar.  A hole in one shot I would say!

I've done everything reasonable to help rid the house of small barely visible bugs that hover around the dog's kibble and the recycling bin.  The kibble was easy.  I bought a container guaranteed to keep critters out, and it really does.  I didn't want to buy a plastic trashcan with a flip lid, because I knew that wouldn't keep out anything.  So I now have one of these fancy containers for both the dogs' bones and another for kibble.

I have left the flyswatter on the counter as a subtle warning to all flies - land and prepare to die.  Dead Eye Dick/Jane is on patrol!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...