Friday, August 28, 2015

CUZILU Is Back!

8/28/2015

Jeff sent me a message yesterday that my car was ready to be picked up.  Said I could pick her up at noon.  I was at the body shop at noon.  Trouble was my car wasn't.  I'm beginning to be a "tad" more assertive in my old age.  I asked the front desk lady why wasn't my car there.  Oh, she explained we took it to one of our other body shops.  This other body shop is about 20 miles away from the house, as opposed to the one I originally went to, which is about 3 miles from the house.  I asked for an explanation and her reply was "oh we just do that when we get busy down here."  

She told me that I would probably have to wait 20 minutes or so for my car to arrive.  At least they have nice trashy (who's doing what to who in Hollywood) magazines to read.  I finally saw my car pull up and I immediately went out to see her.  The repairs to her "boo boo" looked great.

I went back inside and told the nice lady again that I wanted to pay for my rental and be on my way.  Oh, you'll have to wait another 20 minutes or so for the Enterprise lady to come over.  

At this point, I'm internally screaming in my mind "are you kidding me"?  While I may be beginning to be assertive, I haven't reached the point of raising my voice or stomping my feet - that wouldn't be ladylike at all.

Finally, I pay the Enterprise lady.  I owed 85 cents for each day that I had the rental, a price I could certainly handle.

Yeah, I'm finally in my car.  Now as I told you yesterday, I have my radio preset for 50's, 60's and Elvis.  This is the only music I'm interested in listening to.  So after I started my car, the radio started up with some head-banging new kind of music.  I pushed the 5 button - nothing; the 6 button - nothing and finally 7 for Elvis.  Nothing.

Once home I programmed my favorites back in and then I called the insurance company.  I explained that the car had been driven around 40 miles without my knowledge; and, that whoever was driving my car felt the need to fiddle with my stations.  I know it's not a big deal, but as I explained to the lady it's my car.  If you don't like my music while you're driving my car, turn the darn radio off, but don't futz with my channels.  

After getting that all off of my chest, I felt some better.  But the day of waiting and confusion over what do you mean you moved my car to another location, took it's toll on me.  I'm not the most relaxed on a good day, and yesterday's events made me very anxious.  If you don't suffer from anxiety, then you might not understand how subtle differences in your routine can mess with your emotions.

In the end all is well.  And, I promise I'll never try to run over a parking barrier again!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...