Thursday, August 27, 2015

Picking Up My Car

8/27/2015

My car is supposed to be ready this afternoon.  I can hardly wait.  I can't really find fault with the rental car.  It's full-sized and has some pep, but nothing compared to my car.  I know in my car and I step on the gas, I'm going to have no trouble getting up to speed - quickly!  Not quite so sure about the rental.

Bad news is that Jeff overslept today, and likely won't be with me when I pick up the car.  I'd be counting on him coming, but it is what it is, and I do want my car back - today.  I do believe that things seem to go smoother if companies are dealing with a man.  Just thinking about my run this summer with the air conditioning company.  Once Jeff stepped in, things started happening!

I've probably driven the rental car maybe ten miles, fifteen max and used very little fuel.  I am not going to put gas in the car, because I don't know how.  After 40+ years of marriage and three sons, I have never pumped gas.  Didn't have to.  And before you all throw stones at me, never needed to learn. because there was always somebody to take care of this for me.  Okay, I'm spoiled and admit it.  

The body shop may charge me for the thimbleful of gas I've used this week, but I know it won't be much.  After all, I still have to pay 85 cents a day for tax on the rental car, so think I can afford to pay for a little gas. 

You don't realize what you miss, until it's gone.  I knew I would miss my car with the oldies channels all programmed for me - 50's, 60's and Elvis.  Who wouldn't love that mix of music?  But now that it's been gone most of a week, I do realize how wonderful my car is and can't wait to pick her up today.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...