Wednesday, August 5, 2015

An Early Anniversary Present

8/5/2015

For a number of years, Jeff and I have had a leather manual reclining sofa in our den.  In the beginning, which I think of as our honeymoon years, the sofa was wonderful.  The leather was soft, the recliner was easy to use to recline as well as put the recliner back in its "original upright position".  

And then age set in.  Like all things that you use daily, the sofa began to show it's age, a bit of a tear on one arm rest, and scratches (not that we cared) from the dogs.  But in the really big problem, for me not for Jeff, was that I wasn't strong enough to put the recliner back into a sitting position when I was done watching television.  It became a sort of war between me and the sofa, and most of the time the sofa won!  And I was tired of the fighting.

I wanted a power reclining chair, which would require no more exertion for me than pressing the power button.  I don't want to say I nagged, but probably I did, and last night we went to Costco and Jeff bought two power recliners.  I was/am in heaven.  We are keeping the old sofa in the room so that the dogs have a place to sleep.  Horrors if they had to sleep on the floor, like - well - like dogs!

I told Jeff that I considered the recliners a perfect anniversary (next month) and Christmas present for me.  Since the recliners recline completely flat, Jeff can get some much needed "zzzzz's" while I'm watching cooking shows!

Since I now have these lovely recliners, I don't really think (although give me time) I have anything else to nag about!!!

Now all that is left for me to do is to list my chaise on Craigslist and find it a new home.  

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...