Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Well Baby Check

8/12/2015

Today, I'm going back to see the surgeon.  It's been two weeks since he permanently implanted the nerve stimulator in my back.  I have to turn off the device to drive, but know that I will instantly miss the near constant buzz (for lack of a better word) in my back and legs.

Of course, being the kind of patient I am - an impatient one - I have already taken off the gauze pads that were surrounding both incisions.  Since I can't really see those areas very well, Jeff checked them out for me and said they looked good.  Also, looks like instead of stitches, the surgeon used some kind of glue to hold the incisions together.  

The representative of St. Jude's will be at the appointment and he will show me or help me program my remote.  With various programs I can select the best program for what I'm doing - walking, sleeping, etc.

While I'm feeling pretty good, I'm sure I'm not ready to dig a trench just yet!

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.  I know I will.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...