Friday, August 7, 2015

Getting Ready for Benjamin!

8/7/2015

Benjamin is coming to stay with us on Saturday night.  He will also be spending Sunday through Wednesday with Auntie Kim.  Once he's good and tired, he'll come back here for quiet time with Mom Mom and Pop Pop.  

I am going to bake a purple cake (that should look lovely on the teeth and tongues), with purple frosting and bits of black, purple and blue decorations on top.  He'll love it.

I have a bookshelf in the den that houses all of Benjamin's favorite movies.  Trouble is, Mom Mom doesn't think she can sit through yet another viewing of Shriek.  If she does, she might Shreek!
I have bought a few new movies to watch with Benjamin.  Now he may have already seen them, but I haven't.  It will nice to watch something new for a change.

During Benjamin's last visit, it was a bit of a tussle to get him to sleep in the spare room.  I bought him a snow globe that changes colors - until the batteries wear out.  And, he knows we're either downstairs or across the hall, but he would prefer to sleep with us in our bed.  We loved having him in the bed, until he started to grow up and suddenly he was all arms and legs - and he was everywhere.  We already share the bed with the two dogs, so we just can't add a squirmy young boy to the mix.

Benjamin seems to know that when he's at our house, it's quiet play, books, sitting together and watching movies.  When he visits, he gets the best of both worlds.  All action and adventure with Auntie Kim and wind down time with Jeff and I.

Time to put my purple cake in the oven.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...