Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I'm Older and Need (Require!) Pampering

8/18/2015

Yesterday, after successfully handling all of my insurance claim business - by myself - which is huge for me, I decided that I needed just a tad bit of me time.

Some of you who read this are older and will understand what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about bags under the eyes - every day, saggy skin, age spots, gray hair and the ever frustrating business of facial hair.  Ugh.

I took myself off to the salon yesterday to get rid of the facial hair.  There is nothing, in my humble opinion, nastier then hair on your chin.  I have been waxing for over 30 years, and yet that darn hair grows back time after time.  You'd think my body would recognize I don't want to grow a beard and would just stop sprouting hairs.  But nope, still happening.

Once I was sufficiently hair free, I allowed myself to be talked into a mini facial.  The lady that I see at the salon is so good, she should be selling used cars.  The nice part about a facial is that you don't have to talk.  The room is darkened, soft music is playing and all you have to do is lay there and relax.  I don't relax well.  I'm like an over wound clock, pretty much all the time.

Since I don't have any control over how old I am, I don't think it hurts for a woman to occasionally indulge herself in a bit of pampering.  All I know is that I drove home in a much more relaxed state, and that's a good thing.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...