Monday, August 24, 2015

Cuzilu Repairs

8/24/2015

This morning, I turned in my beautiful, but slightly damaged, car to the body shop.  The Cuzilu is my license plate ('cuz I Love You).  I was given the choice of a Fiat, mini van (absolutely not) or a Malibu.  I took the Malibu and it seems like a nice enough car, it's just not my car.

I've been very proud that I've handled the claim on my car by myself.  Although I admit that while I was waiting for a rental car, the urge to throw up was pretty strong.  I love my car and other than the zippy "z", haven't driven anything else in years.  And, I know it takes time to get the hang of a new car.  

Luckily for me, I have a doctor's appointment today and tomorrow.  Otherwise, I really have no place I need to go.  I put Jeff on the rental agreement, so that he could drive the car also.  I'm really hoping that my car will be ready by week's end (fingers crossed)!

When I made the arrangements for the rental car, I told the representative that I didn't want a "clown" (tiny) car.  I was used to a big vehicle and wanted a full-sized car, which is what I got today.

There have been a few minor hiccups along the way to getting my car fixed.  But surprising to me, and everyone else, I told the USAA guy that I was "old and cranky" and wanted my way (for a change).

Now that I'm home, I have some time to clean up things before my doctor's appointment.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...