Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Halloween Already?

8/19/2015

Yesterday, I went to K Mart and shouldn't have been, but was surprised and/or shocked to see the Halloween stuff out already.  Retailers we haven't even started school yet, so do we seriously need to see costumes and plastic pumpkins lined up on the shelf?

I know that retailers always feel that they need to get a jump on each upcoming season - back to school, Halloween, etc., but I think the stores get started earlier each year.  I don't know about you but when it's 90 degrees outside, I'm just not in the mood to look for coats and boots!  Maybe that's just me, but I doubt it.

As much as I love Christmas, by the time it rolls around every year, I'm pretty tired with all the up by Thanksgiving decorations, hanging everywhere.  Poor Thanksgiving must feel like the red-headed stepchild at a family reunion because it's all but forgotten.

I will admit that though it's months away, I've already thought up a few gift ideas for my family.  And, if they ask, I have a few gift suggestions for me as well!

So for the moment, I'll just have to grin and bear it when I go into a store and find premature (in my humble opinion) seasonal items.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...