Sunday, August 2, 2015

Leave Your Dogs At Home

8/2/2015

Stepping up on my soapbox this morning.  There was yet another story in the paper about someone who was only going to be in the store for a "few minutes", so she left her dog in the car.  The police were called to rescue her dog - she received a $500 ticket and a broken window that will have to be replaced.  Small price to pay for being so stupid and selfish.

I love my dogs, but when I'm running errands, they stay home.  I see no good reason to take along your dog (it never seems to be a cat) and then roll down the windows a wee bit and go shopping.  Why bother to do that?  Trust me and I'm not a dog or a cat, but I can tell you that if given their opinion, the pets would ask to stay home.  Where it's cool.  Where there is water.  Where there are pillows and beds to sleep on.

I am always aggrieved when I hear about an animal being locked in a car, particularly in the summer.  It makes my heart hurt and makes my head spin round!  If you want your dog with you all the time, invest the time and energy to make your dog a therapy dog, and then he/she can go with you anywhere.  

Sam, our little Westie, would make a wonderful therapy dog, but he's old and it would be difficult to train him to behave appropriately in a store.  The next little dog I have, I would like to use as a therapy dog.  I don't need a therapy dog physically, but emotionally it would be wonderful to have a dog around to pet when I'm anxious.

Climbing down now.  Have a wonderful Sunday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...