Thursday, August 20, 2015

Chores/Errands

8/20/2015

Now that I don't work - for pay - I'm the errand girl.  I go to the bank, post office, UPS, drop off cars, pick up cars and anything else that needs to be done.  When you work, as I did for over 40 years, you have to arrange all the "to do's" around the schedules of your coworkers.  I can't tell you how lovely it is to make my appointments when I want, rather than around others.  

Course, there is no money (or not as much) in retirement, but you do get to get up when you want, go when and where you want.  You can even decide to do housework, or not.  My mood generally goes to the "not" on housework.  I try to keep the kitchen cleaned up and I make the bed, but after that I really have to decide whether I want to dust and/or vacuum.  The answer is more than likely going to be no.  After all I'd just have to do it all over again tomorrow!

Since I now have my little nerve stimulator, I do try and take on one chore that I could easily overlook, like put books that I've read away, rather than leave them on the stairs.  See I can get lazy pretty quick!

If I ever get bored, and that's not likely to happen, I could always put new shelf liner in the cupboards - but pretty sure I won't bother.  Once you fill up the shelf with food or dishes, there is no liner to be seen.

I have just finished putting my kitchen in order.  I did laundry yesterday, so after I finish writing to all of you, I'll probably grab my Kindle and read.  I do need a rest after all!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...