Saturday, August 22, 2015

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

8/23/2015

I stumbled across this television show during a break between chores the other day.  Here's what I discovered: some people just don't know much about anything.  Two of the contenders one day had to ask the audience on the first question.  This is not a good way to start a game with an eye on the $1,000,000 prize!

Some questions I admit stumped me, but others were so obvious, that I began to "talk" to the television.  If the contestants had to come up with the answer to the questions, that would be one thing.  But, they are given four answers to choose from, which gives the contestants a fighting chance.  I've yet to see anyone walk away with any significant amount of money, but I still enjoy the show.

To help me with my short term memory issues, which may remain with me forever, I enjoy Jeopardy, Family Feud and now the Millionaire show.  It gives me a good chance to work my brain.  Sometimes the answer is on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't retrieve it.  That is maddening.

What I do know, particularly with Family Feud, is when the answer given by someone is definitely not going to be up on the board.  I assume that most people on the show are probably nervous which may account for some of the silly and way out there answers.  I know if I was a contestant, I would likely have a brain freeze on coming up with answers!

The other thing that I do daily is play Jigsaw World on Facebook.  While I don't have to answer any questions, I do have to try and find the right pieces, and that can and generally does take me a long time.

So while I'm not setting any records for memory retention, I'm at least plugging away and trying to make progress.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...