Monday, August 17, 2015

Handling My Insurance Claim

8/17/2015

While it was very hard to tell Jeff about the accident, and he was understanding, I decided to try and handle the business of reporting the claim by myself.  And I did.  Not only did I report it to the insurance company, but I also have now arranged for an inspection of the car tomorrow.  And, I've also arranged for a rental car while my car is in the shop.  Luckily, our policy pays for a rental car.

The damage, in the big scheme of things, is fairly minor - but, I love my car and I need her to look her best all the time.  We have a small deductible and USAA has a one accident forgiveness, which I will use up with this claim.

I've been driving since I was 25 - I was a late bloomer - and haven't had an accident in years.  I did, while a novice driver misjudged where the pole was in the parking garage of my apartment building, and hit it.  Luckily for me, I worked for an insurance company at the time, and my boss took care of the claim and handled everything for me.  

So I'm not really familiar with the in's and out's of handling an insurance claim.  I'm glad that the "accident" didn't involve another car - just a parking barrier - which survived to prevent traffic another day.

Knowing that I have some memory limitations, I am always happy when I can do something on my own.  Actually, it's knowing that I can do something on my own, and not screw it up!

While my car is in the shop, I'll have some cheap, tiny little car to drive.  When I get my car back, I'll be in heaven.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...