Friday, August 14, 2015

Paid Parking Lots

8/14/2015

I absolutely hate those paid parking lots where the little arm lets you enter or depart.  One reason is because I have short arms, and always have to get out of my car to either grab a ticket, or pay with a ticket.  

Two weeks ago I wrote about getting lost and turned around in one of those paid parking lots.  I had my little ticket to insert into the machine, which would then cause the arm to lift.  Only it didn't. I got out of the car, pressed the button for help and nothing happened.  It was definitely not a good day for me.  I was shaky and extremely anxious.

Once the arm didn't lift, I decided that if I collapsed my mirrors, I could probably go around the arm and be on my way.  I definitely was able to get around the arm, but unfortunately there was also a large yellow plastic barrier between the arm and the street.  I clearly wasn't thinking clearly that day because I did collapse my side mirrors and went around the arm, but had miscalculated how near I was going to be the yellow barrier thing.  I hit it.  I didn't stop to see if I had caused any damage to my car - I just wanted to go home - desperately.

Today, while out running errands, I happened to see the right side of my car.  There are a couple of dents in the panel behind the right tire and a hole in the plastic of the running board.  By the time I got home I was just sick about the damage to the car.

I took the car to the mechanic that we use and he looked at the damage and said it would be better for me to take the car back to the dealer to have the damage fixed.  Luckily, we only have a $250 deductible and our insurance company forgives the first accident.  

I am so mad at myself.  I have a beautiful car and now it has some damage - not a lot of damage - but enough to make me feel very guilty and angry at myself.

As they say **** happens.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...