Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Differences

8/25/2015

Jeff and I have been married almost 41 years (next month to be exact), and over the years we have experienced some fundamental differences.  Nothing earth shattering, but little things we do differently.

Toothpaste is the first thing that comes to mind.  When Jeff uses the toothpaste he squeezes from the bottom.  I don't and probably never will.  When the toothpaste is getting to the very top and the rest of the tube is empty, Jeff will be able and does continue to squeeze life out of the tube.  Me?  I get a new tube of toothpaste and squeeze from the top!

When the toilet paper comes to the end of the roll, I lazily just plop a new roll on top.  Why don't I remove the old tube?  Don't know.  I may not remove the old roll, but I do remember to always make sure there is extra toilet paper in the bathrooms.  

I like a clean kitchen, who doesn't, but I'm not one to put away my appliances - coffee maker, toaster for instance.  I/we use those things every day.  Now my large Kitchen Aid mixer is stored in a cupboard, because it's been a long time since I've done any baking from scratch.  If I were to make Aunt Ruby's pound cake for instance, you must use a big mixer because you have to beat the ingredients for a very long time.  The end result is a very good pound cake that doesn't even need to be iced.

What I don't particularly like, is things on my counter (guy things) and I don't know what to do with them.  While I'm not the best at practicing, but in theory, I believe everything has a place and I'm pretty sure it's not on a kitchen counter.  Raising Scott and Andy, they were and still are all things computer related.  So the occasional hard drive might be found in the kitchen!  

Emptying the dishwasher is another thing that I don't do well.  The dishes are clean and I hate putting the dishes away. Even if I do empty the dishwasher, I always leave something inside - a measuring cup, dog food lid, stuff like that. 

 I hate having to fold clothes after they're dried.  I do fold them and then I have to remember that they go upstairs.  Perhaps I'm just lazy or putting away dishes and clothes just doesn't rank high up on my priority list!

So as soon as I'm through writing, I'm going to go into the kitchen and empty the 
dishwasher - sort of!

Have a great day.

P

2 comments:

  1. help, I am stuck in the dishwasher, and I have been here now for an entire YEAR!
    Please take me out....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be stuck in the dishwasher - but at least it's clean :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...