Friday, August 21, 2015

Dentist, Teeth and Me

8/21/2015

Just returned from having my teeth cleaned.  It has only been four months since my last cleaning and I have three cavities!  I take a lot of medicine which causes dry mouth and the dentist believes that is a contributing factor to cavities.  That, and the fact that I just have lousy teeth!

In January 2014, I had a crown put on one of my eye teeth and it's ugly as sin.  Nope this is not an exaggeration, it's a fact.  The crown that the dentist originally put in is white and it sits in my mouth with it's neighbors who are not white, but a bit darker (probably because of coffee, but who knows).   

In an earlier visit this summer, I asked the dentist's assistant if the color of my crown could be changed to something more similar to my teeth.  She immediately pulled out a little box of "teeth" ranging from really white to darker colors.  She pulled out one tooth and we held up against the rest of my teeth, and it matched.  

I never stand up for myself, but today I did.  I told the dentist how much I hated that crown because the color was so off from the rest of my teeth.  I also asked him if I could have some kind of discount on the new crown and he assured me we could work something out.  Hurrah!

His office manager told me she wouldn't be surprised if he gave me the new crown - and that would definitely be worth celebrating.  If the off-colored tooth was not in the front of my mouth, then I just wouldn't care.  But it's not and I've become rather self-conscious about it.  Definitely looking forward to getting that fixed.

I don't spend a lot of money and/or time on make-up - I'm just naturally beautiful!!!!  (Insert laughter here).

Looking forward to having a new front tooth.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...