Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Day with Benjamin

8/9/2015

Yesterday, Jeff, Scott and I went out to Andy's house to (a) see the new puppy (he's cute); and (b) pick up Benjamin to come and stay a few days with us and Auntie Kim.

We also brought Stacey a desk, bulletin board and bookcase that we had sitting in the basement.  I told her that since the furniture was now hers, she could paint/stain, etc. to each piece.  My theory is - once it leaves my house - it doesn't come back!

Benjamin showed me where his home school was going to be down in the basement.  While Stacey has a few days Benjamin free, she says she will use the time to get the school area set up with supplies, etc.

Scott, meanwhile was pulling cables from Andy's basement to the upstairs.  It was a project he started when Andy's house was built, but work on his own townhouse, took priority over cabling for at least a year.

While the men were doing their cable work, Benjamin, Stacey and I were sitting watching movies.  They have a lot of movies I've never seen before - but if during the watching - Benjamin became disinterested - we found a new movie!  I saw a lot of partial movies, but not one all the way to the end.

We didn't get back to our house until 2:00 a.m., and Benjamin who had been sleeping in the truck, wanted to know if he could have a story.  Since I was very tired, I told him the story would have to wait until he comes back to our house on Wednesday.

Today, I will do some house wifely type chores and maybe a bit of a snooze in my new recliner in the den.  It's not really called napping, if you just happen to fall asleep watching television.

Have a good day, whatever you are or are not doing.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...