Sunday, August 23, 2015

Talk Show Hosts

8/23/2015

Since I've been spending some time watching game shows (for mental health only!), I began to wonder just how much do these television hosts make.  Folks, the numbers are staggering.

Let's start with Steve Harvey who originally comes from West Virginia.  Well he's a long way from there now.  Apparently, he makes about $44,000 an hour, which is more than some people's salary in a year.  He gets $12M for hosting Family Feud.  That has to be a nice gig, because he has such a good time listening to some of the answers, and can't control his laughter (frankly, neither can I).

He also wrote a book "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man" and received a $5M publishing deal.  Not too shabby.

Alex Trebek from Jeopardy only gets a measly $10M.  I love Jeopardy because he helps me stretch my mind - or at least what's left of it.

While Jon Stewart no longer has his Daily Show, which Jeff and I enjoyed very much, he made good money doing so - $25 to 30 M to be exact.  It's good to be rich!
 
I have to believe that while the money is good for television hosts, they probably like/love what they do.   And we like/love watching them.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...