Monday, September 21, 2015

Happy Anniversary

9/21/15

Today is our 41st wedding anniversary.  Who knew when we had our first date (a blind one at that), that we'd have so many years together.




                                                        The Keeper:

Forty-one years ago, my Dad gave me away.

To a man I hadn’t known long, but Dad had a good feeling
so I knew I couldn’t go wrong.

Through all of our years together, we have ebbed and flowed.  We have been there
for each other as we both lost our parents.  We stood together, when Wendy passed
away.

We did our best when caring and loving Benjamin, who is a delight.

We have helped our boys turn into men.  We have given advice if it’s wanted, and
try to keep our opinions to ourselves.  And, we are very proud of who they have become.

Over the years, each of us have changed.  We now have gray hair or no hair at all.
We bag, we sag, we’re spotted and bones are beginning to creak.

This man, whom I married so long ago, has for forty-one years, had my back.
I can count on him to pull me out of the hole, when my depression begins to
creep back.

I owe this man much.  Even with my depression, anxiety and all of the turmoil of 2013,
he has never let me down.  I know I sometimes stretch his patience to a breaking point.
He has always been able to talk me “off the ledge”, and assures me that everything
is going to turn out to be fine.  And it is.

It’s hard to realize that the woman that I was before 2013, isn’t coming back, at least
not all of her.  And though he knows my memory has seen better days, he remains
patient.

He makes me want to be a better woman, and I am trying. 

Happy anniversary to the man that I knew from day one, was going to be my best friend
and life partner. 
                                                 With Much Love,     
                                                        P  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...