Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Phone for Old Eyes

9/16/2015

It occurs to me that I may be the last person on earth who doesn't just love their cellphone.  I have one, don't know it's number and almost never carry it with me.  The battery is always dead and I have trouble remembering where it is.  For me, a cellphone is useless.  

I don't call people.  Nothing against my friends, I just don't make many calls.  They know I don't particularly like talking on the phone.  And, when using a cellphone, I have some trouble hearing the other person.

Cellphones have tiny buttons to push and I have trouble navigating to where I want to be.  I don't use the calendar or the contacts.  The phone is basically an emergency only phone - and since I don't carry it - I hope I never have an emergency.

I've been looking at a Jupiter phone.  It's got big buttons and doesn't do much.  There are two Jupiter phones.  One is basically only to call people and the other one does more things.  I'm interested in giving up on my current cellphone and think I would like to try a Jupiter, with it's easy yes/no navigation, or an equivalent.

Samsung also has a "senior friendly" flip phone.  So it appears that some companies are actually interested in making phones for old eyes!

Unlike most of the people I know, who are always tuned into their phones, I have never found a cellphone to be necessary.  And, since nobody knows the number - guess what - nobody calls me!

When I make calls, I like using a phone, a real one.  You know the kind that is connected by wires.   I may in fact be the last person on the planet, who isn't tied to a cellphone 24/7.  And, truthfully, I'm okay with that.

P


 

2 comments:

  1. ok old timer, I will post a comment for you. I will investigate the phones that will work for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you. Of course, if we could get a dog that reads, that would be good too!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...