Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Day Before

9/8/2015

Today is the day before Jeff flies to Texas for the COPA (Cirrus Owners' Pilots Association) migration.  As I did last year, I will remain home.  Four days of pilot stuff just isn't my cup of tea, and Jeff will have a much better time without me.  

On Sunday, Jeff and one of the plane's new partners, washed and waxed the plane.  Jeff says she looks good.  No more student pilots, who frankly Scarlett couldn't give a damn about your plane.  This is evidenced by the damage, most of which is minor, but damage nonetheless, to the plane.

This morning, Jeff and said partner, who will be going to Texas with him, are taking the plane out for a spin to make sure that the plane is performing at 100%.  Jeff will leave very early tomorrow and I know he's anxious to get underway.  He looks forward to the annual migration each year, and greeting old friends and making new ones.

The next thing that we need to buy for the plane is a golf cart or a tug to help pull the plane in and out of the hanger.  She's a heavy girl and while it's doable without the aid of a tug, or equivalent, it's a lot of work.  There is a golf cart that's for sale and if Jeff can work it out with his schedule, he'll probably buy one today.

My job for today is to make sure that Jeff's clothes are washed and folded.  Jeff prefers to do his own packing, and I'm okay with that.  As a woman, I don't think men tend to pack enough clothes - and men think women pack way too much!

By the way, Angelina Jolie flies a Cirrus!  We're definitely in good company.

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...