Thursday, September 17, 2015

Key Batteries

9/17/2015

There was a time, and some of you may remember, when you actually had to use a key to unlock your car or trunk as well as start it.  I think those days are long gone now.  I keep my car key in my purse, and I can start the car and/or unlock it by just having my purse nearby.  

As we deal with more and more battery operated devices, there are times when something you're using, like a car key, just craps out.  I dropped Jeff off this week to pick up his car.  When he's been driving, I obviously have to readjust everything - seats, mirrors, etc.  

I know which buttons to press on the steering wheel in order to display my speed in the window in front of the steering wheel.  As I drove home, I went through the sequence of pushing buttons, but only the temperature would appear, where it should have displayed speed.

I was frustrated beyond reason.  When Jeff got home, I wrongly accused him of somehow monkeying with my settings (for which I apologized).  Jeff got into the car and noticed that I had a message, which I had ignored.  The message?  Your key battery needs replacing!  Once Jeff had replaced the battery, my settings were restored to their normal "upright" position.

I don't think we give enough thought to how many things are key-less, and run on batteries.  Do you happen to have in your kitchen drawer a battery to fit into a car key?  Luckily for me, Jeff did have one such battery.  Knowing that it was the last one, Jeff has ordered new batteries.  If you don't have replacement batteries, you may someday find yourself in the dark at home, or worse yet with a car that doesn't have it's "brains - the key" attached.

Jeff has always tried to make my life easier by taking care of life's irritants, whether big or small.  Thank you Jeff.

P


 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patti, I am trying this as a test. We too just had to go buy a funny looking nickel sized battery for our key fob for our 99 (can you believe it 99) Honda. Everytime Glenn tried to unlock the door/s the alarm would sound and he couldn't stop it...the alarm is the car horn honking...and honking..ugh...pretty embarrassing. Finally got that fixed with a new battery. YAY!! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we had actual keys, we didn't have to worry about batteries!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...