Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day

9/7/2015

While today is Labor Day, I doubt that too many people are laboring.  Today will likely be spent in cars returning from the beach, the mountains, or wherever folks go to vacation.  If your school hasn't already started, it will be tomorrow for sure.  

Once school is back in session, the commuting traffic pattern will change.  I'm sure that Jeff will notice the difference.  When I worked, I definitely noticed the difference between August and September traffic.  Since I don't work any longer, I don't pay much notice about traffic, it's definitely a bonus for being retired.

Jeff is flying on Wednesday to Texas for the annual migration of COPA (Cirrus Owners' Pilot Association).  As I did last year, I have opted again to stay home.  At COPA migrations, while there are spouse events, it's really more about pilots talking to pilots about planes.

So while Jeff is doing what he enjoys, I'll stay home and do what I enjoy.  Here's what I won't be doing: I won't have to cook dinner, or do more than one load of laundry and maybe run the dishwasher once.  I will set the Tivo to record a whole bunch of crummy television shows (the reality ones that I like so much), eat Frosted Flakes for dinner and maybe have popcorn for dessert!

The only thing that gets to me when Jeff isn't home, is noises in the dark.  I tend to sleep with a light on downstairs as well as upstairs.  I know that both dogs, who do sleep deeply, will become alert and make noise if they hear something.  

While Jeff's away, Maggie will take over his side of the bed.  Sam, will continue to sleep on top of my feet.

Since it's Labor Day, I better get started on doing some kind of work.  Once my work is done, I can return to the book I'm reading, which I'm enjoying very much.

P
 Image result for labor day pictures



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...